Friday, February 26, 2010

My mom... the most wonderful woman I know.


My dear mother turned 80 yesterday! Wow! She is one amazing lady. She definitely can work circles around me!

The thing I admire the most about my mom is her faith and devotion to the good things in life! She has the kindest heart and reaches out to those who truly need a friend. She never worried about what they will think or if they will return her kindness. She is the most Christlike person I have ever met. Even when she was having going through her fight with breast cancer she always made sure she got her visiting teaching done on her "good days"! I mean, come on, didn't she have the "best" excuse not to do her visitng teaching --- I certainly thought so!

I have been reading my parent's history this past week and am so humbled to call her my mom!
How did I get so lucky?

Tomorrow our family (only about 70+) is gathering to celebrate her life! Can't wait!

No comments: